[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Cameron Powell" <powellca at onid dot orst dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall Hangs
 Date:  Wed, 15 Mar 2006 04:06:30 -0800
I'm not sure what exactly is going on here at all, but m0n0wall has saved my
life up until earlier yesterday. For some freak reason, the router just
stops responding. I restored the factory defaults and it still seems to
display the same problems.

When I plug the router directly in to my computer I can access the webGUI
and everything works fine. As soon as I plug in the rest of the network all
goes to hell, and nothing works. The webGUI immediately stops responding,
and nothing gets through. This behavior just started happening recently, and
the only thing I can come up with is maybe there is a faulty NIC that just
can't handle the workload.

Here is the Set-up:

       m0n0wall Box:
       Intel P-II 350Mhz
       196MB Ram
       Some Hard Drive (Unknown Stats)
       Generic NICs (No idea what they are, but they were working) | 1 leads
to the DSL modem, the other leading to the 1st floor switch

       2 D-Link DSS-16+ Switches on the 1st and 3rd floors
       1 D-Link DSS-32+ Switch on the 2nd floor

       The second and third floors run through the 1st floor switch.
config-m0n0wall.local-20060315031456.xml (4.1 KB, text/xml)