[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Polus, Tomasz" <tomek at polvision dot com dot pl>
 To:  <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] FW: m0n0wall blocks incoming UDP 500
 Date:  Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:08:37 +0100

OK. I will send you neccessary data very soon, but be aware that I
don't have any fw/nat rules defined. Only default rules.

> I've used the following VPN clients successfully behind
> m0n0wall with various remote VPN gateways, some of which
> didn't support NAT-T (and it worked anyway, as is to be
> expected with ESP in tunnel mode):
>
> - SafeNet SoftRemote
> - Cisco VPN client
> - TheGreenBow VPN client
> - Equinux VPN Tracker
> - SonicWall Global VPN client
>
> One thing that should be noted is that m0n0wall doesn't
> attempt to preserve the LAN host's source port when doing
> outbound NAT. If you have a remote VPN device that insists on
> the VPN client's port being 500, then it won't work. Some
> other firewalls attempt to preserve the port for the first
> connection, and some don't.

Well, from what I know, IKE negotiation is a connection From UDP 500
To 500. If m0n0wall changes the source port, then IKE won't work for
some VPN gateways...
Is there any solution to preserve the port in m0n0wall?

--
Tomasz Polus