[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  WRAP Cases/PSU Short
 Date:  Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:32:08 +0000
Hi all,

Slightly OT I know, but I figured this would be a good place for this
question :)

I've just bought my first set of WRAP boards with their corresponding
cases (from pcengines.ch). They're all the 1C-2 model, with the case
that looks like: http://pcengines.ch/pic/case2.jpg

Now, the problem I'm finding is that the sleeve of the PSU plug is
easily shorted to the case, which stops the WRAP working. I've
temporarily fixed this by putting a small piece of sellotape around
about 1/3 of each PSU plug (nearest the plastic). It works perfectly but
is obviously not the most elegant solution...

I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and what
you've done to solve it? I'm currently considering enlarging the hole in
the case, adding a rubber grommet, applying some kind of glue/sealant or
some combination of the above.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Taylor