[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Guido Quiram <guido at quiram dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, sonicsai at gmail dot com
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] More VoIP Traffic Shaping Questions
 Date:  Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:42:30 +0100
Hi,

may I ask you for a further detail regarding your recent post below. I
already read your previous post
http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=204/42 and visited
http://www.benzedrine.cx/ackpri.html

Instead of creating a new rule (as you suggest in your article
dated October 2005), I selected set "ACK" under the "TCP flags" section
within the outbound queue for my VoIP device. The configuration works
well, however, I am not sure if this is exactly what you meant?

Thanks, Guido

PS: I made one other observation: VoIP works good during heavy up- and
download from my PC. The only thing I experienced is a small delay for
the VoIP outbound when heavy upload runs from the PC.

Von: sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
Datum: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 10:21:41 +0500
An: "David Farrior" <davidfarrior at gmail dot com>
CC: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

On 3/4/06, David Farrior <davidfarrior at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > I've tried getting some answers in the past on this, and I'm
looking for any
> > updates/additional info that you guys may have.
> >
> > I just signed up for sunrocket VoIP service and I want to keep the
"gizmo"
> > (their device they ship you) behind my router as their gizmo does
limited
> > routing and I've heard it doesn't do so well at prioritizing VoIP
packets.

> > So, how do I go about setting up traffic shaper so that it will
properly
> > work with my VoIp service? I want to make sure that the VoIP
traffic can
> > have as much upload speed as it needs to keep call quality where it
should
> > be.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > David

Prioritise all packets coming from and going to the gizmos ip address.

sai