[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP Cases/PSU Short
 Date:  Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:39:52 +0000
Holger,

Interesting. I must confess that when it happened on the first one, I
just verified it by wiggling the power cable and then decided to
insulate the lot. However, I'm pretty sure it only happened when I had
the null modem cable connected. If possible, could you plug a null modem
cable into one of yours and then move the PSU jack?

I'm using all of the mounting hardware provided with the case. My cases
are all plain aluminium but I'd imagine the anodised (red/black) ones
are conductive anyway...

I'm going to peel the tape off one now and see if I can repeat the issue :)

Cheers,

Chris Taylor

Holger Bauer wrote:
> I use a lot of these devices (70+) and don't see that problem. Make sure your board is grounded to
the case (if you mount the board with the screws inside the case it is grounded). If the problem
still persists check your psu. I use the ones pcengines sells.