[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Query about Filtering Bridge?
 Date:  Thu, 16 Mar 2006 00:31:55 +0000

I've built a few m0n0s now but I'm just embarking on setting up a
filtering bridge to be deployed at a colo datacentre.

In short - I intend to place m0n0 between an existing server (IP and the colo's router (let's say m0n0 gets
assigned and is setup basically as per:

Do I need to change the server's default gateway to the m0n0 address
(.53) or will it continue to work if it's pointing to the colo's router

m0n0 will be setup to have it's gateway as the colo router, I'm just
wondering if I need to touch the server's config in any way.

For that matter, do I need to change the server's DNS to point at m0n0?