[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jose Hernandez" <h3rnand3z at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Chris Taylor" <chris at x dash bb dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP Cases/PSU Short
 Date:  Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:03:23 -0800
I have the same case, Mine does this with and without a serial cablem.
I thought the power supply connecter was loose, It did not occur that
it was shorting.

I will insulate it, Thanks for the tip.

- Jose

On 3/15/06, Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org> wrote:
> Holger,
>
> Interesting. I must confess that when it happened on the first one, I
> just verified it by wiggling the power cable and then decided to
> insulate the lot. However, I'm pretty sure it only happened when I had
> the null modem cable connected. If possible, could you plug a null modem
> cable into one of yours and then move the PSU jack?
>
> I'm using all of the mounting hardware provided with the case. My cases
> are all plain aluminium but I'd imagine the anodised (red/black) ones
> are conductive anyway...
>
> I'm going to peel the tape off one now and see if I can repeat the issue :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris Taylor
>
> Holger Bauer wrote:
> > I use a lot of these devices (70+) and don't see that problem. Make sure your board is grounded
to the case (if you mount the board with the screws inside the case it is grounded). If the problem
still persists check your psu. I use the ones pcengines sells.