[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple Networks behind NIC of Captive Portal
 Date:  Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:52:31 -0500
On 3/14/06, Craig Hulbert <craig at mylittleservers dot com> wrote:

> It works just fine in the layer 2 network between the pix and the m0n0wall.
> But as soon as I have a device from the tunnel attempt it.. It doesn't
> respond..

That's because it relies upon MAC addresses, and anything behind a L3
device is going to come through with the same source MAC, i.e. that of
the L3 device.  Though typically that means when there's one
authenticated user behind that L3 device, everybody behind it is
authenticated.  If you can't hit it at all, maybe you're missing some
static routes?

If you check the "Disable MAC filtering" button on the captive portal
page, it should work fine with machines behind routers.

-Chris