[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Gibson <agibson at ptm dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.21 bug Found (I think)
 Date:  Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:24:01 -0500
I have a similar problem with 1.21.  I noticed this within a week of
1.21 release.  I had to downgrade to 1.2 on all the systems (all
firewalls are using S2S Shared Secret VPN tunnels to a SEF firewall and
exhibited the problem).

On 4 different m0n0wall systems I saw that the tunnels came up the first
time when 1.2 was upgraded to 1.21.  After some amount of time the
tunnels just stopped working.

On the non-m0n0wall(SymantecEnterpriseFirewall) side of the tunnels it
just mentioned awaiting ISAKMP rekey.  I tried rebooting the m0n0wall
system, etc but the only thing that worked was backing down to 1.2 and
immediately the tunnels established again and all are still running
today(1 to 2 months so far).  I repeated the problem again by upgrading
one to 1.21 again and then had to back it down a few days later when the
problem was discovered again.

Not a big deal right now for me since 1.2 works just fine and
troubleshooting remote VPN tunnels.

I wonder what changed in 1.21 from 1.2.  Something must have changed.