[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sean R. Cunningham" <seanc at logic2020 dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VPN (PPTP/IPSec) using Windows XP client
 Date:  Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:27:25 -0500
I recently set up Monowall v1.2 on a Soekris 4801, and have been very
impressed.  When I initially set up the Monowall, I set up PPTP using
the internal server.  I tested it several times using my Windows XP
built-in PPTP client, and all worked normally.

I then upgraded to v1.21, and each attempt to connect from the same
client on Windows XP generates an Error 800. I backed down to Monowall
v1.2 but the problem continues.

In searching the list archives, I have come across other people asking
about similar issues, but I haven't seen any definitive solutions.

All I really need is a VPN solution to Monowall from my XP client.  Can
anyone tell me if they have ideas about how I can resolve this issue, or
if there is a free or very cheap IPSec XP client that works well as an
alternative?

Thanks,

Sean