[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mailserver Problem
 Date:  Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:41:03 -0500
On 3/16/06, Johannes Blaas <j dot blaas at iccr dash international dot org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've installed m0n0wall and have a problem with the mailserver, mails are coming in but not going
out! The mailserver is in the DMZ, I've added the mailserver in the NAT Inbound configuration on
port 25 - the rule for incoming mail hast been generated automatically. but where do I place the
correct rule for outgoing mails? If I open port 25 in dem DMZ it doesn't work. In the outbound NAT
I've added the subnet IP... also doesn't work. any idea?

The rule needs to go on the DMZ interface and allow TCP from source IP
of your mail server, source port any, destination any, destination
port 25.

-Chris