[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 
 From:  "Chris K. Ellsworth" <ckellsworth at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Designate syslog facility?
 Date:  Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:20:41 -0800
test it and let us know.  (would recommend NOT doing on a machine in  
production)

I personally think that it would work with not problems.

Chris K Ellsworth

On Mar 16, 2006, at 5:53 PM, Andrew Kemp wrote:

> Is anyone going to pay any attention to this question?
>
>
> Andrew
> Network Operations
> IQuest Internet
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andrew Kemp [mailto:akemp at iquest dot net]
> Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:07 PM
> To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
> Subject: RE: [m0n0wall] Designate syslog facility?
>
> Anyone?
>
>
> Andrew
> Network Operations
> IQuest Internet
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andrew Kemp [mailto:akemp at iquest dot net]
> Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 8:34 AM
> To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
> Subject: Re: [m0n0wall] Designate syslog facility?
>
> I was just thinking, I found the /var/etc/syslog.conf. Could I edit  
> that
> manually and then -HUP the syslogd process and send *.* localX @my  
> local
> syslog box and comment everything else out?
>
> If that works, I would probly have to redo it whenever I reboot, but
> past that, is there any reason why anyone thinks it wouldn't work?
>
> Andrew
>
> Andrew Kemp wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to designate with local facility m0n0wall sends its
>> message to on a remote host? I don't want any of the messages in my
>> messages log but if I remove them, it also removes the regular
>> messages that need to stay.
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: m0n0wall dash unsubscribe at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>> For additional commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: m0n0wall dash unsubscribe at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
> For additional commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: m0n0wall dash unsubscribe at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
> For additional commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: m0n0wall dash unsubscribe at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
> For additional commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>