[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Kemp" <akemp at iquest dot net>
 To:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Designate syslog facility?
 Date:  Fri, 17 Mar 2006 00:59:30 -0500
Well put. In that case, what I have noticed is that m0n0wall sends out
log messages on different local facilities. Some seem to come in on
local0, local3, etc. Typically, or at least in my previous experience,
one machine or device would send ALL	messages across one facility. My
cisco switch sends everything across local4. I would like m0n0wall to do
the same, send everything across one local facility so that I don't have
to guess at where the logs might end up, or if they are even getting
sent anywhere.

Andrew
Network Operations
IQuest Internet