[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Guido Quiram" <guido at quiram dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] More VoIP Traffic Shaping Questions
 Date:  Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:42:51 +0500
Some confusion here, I think.

Voip is all UDP traffic. The benzedrine article deals with TCP only
(you only get ACKs with TCP,; no ACKs on UDP as its connectionless).
The ACK prioiritisation will help your TCP traffic but should not help
the Voip because Voip is all UDP.

To restate more clearly, I would suggest that if you want to improve
Voip then you setup 2 queues for Voip - 1 for outgoing and 1 for
incoming Voip. Give both queues the  highest weight. Put all your voip
gizmo traffic through these 2 queues.

sai