[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Krzysztof Syguda <ks at koszecin dot net dot pl>
 To:  Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive portal dont work when proxy server is conigured in web browser
 Date:  Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:46:23 +0100
Jonathan De Graeve wrote:

>A Proxy request isn't the same as a normal http request, (somebody
>correct me if I'm wrong) but normally this 'solution' shouldn't work.

 From my pactice - the http proxy request is seen as normal http request.

>If anybody has a cleaner idea to solve this problem I'm willing to
>consider implementing this into m0n0wall

I think it could be done by  two ways:

1. By defining an additional parameter in "captive portal" configuration
-for an example "proxy port"
and tell cative portal to redirect to login page request to tcp 80 port
and tcp "proxy port".

2. Something "like transparent proxy"
In firewall rule table add an option to compose "redirection rule"
For example from IP or IP group to any IP port 80 to ----->Proxy IP
address, proxy port
So administrator can define who should to use the proxy and request are
send from LAN to 80 TCP port, so captive portal will have no problem to
send a request to login page if station is not authenticated yet

KS