[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Keith Maxon" <keith dot maxon at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Opt1 link problem on net4501
 Date:  Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:58:56 -0800
I am trying to install a wireless access point to opt1 on my soekris
net4501. i have consoled into the fw and configured the port ss2. i
have gone up and down the m0n0wall gui and enabled opt1 interface, but when
i plug an access point to opt1 with a standard cable, it will not get link.
If I take that same cable to my laptop, I get link. If I
plug the access point into a switch, it gets link. There is not a
hardware problem, but a link issue of some sort. I was thinking I need a
crossover cable, but it does not immediately make sense as I get link when I
plug the access point into the switch.  In diagnostics, opt1
shows no carrier. Any help? Thanks much!