[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "jan gestre" <m0n0wall dot list at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] setting up a dmz
 Date:  Sat, 18 Mar 2006 22:04:26 +0800
On 3/18/06, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:

> On 3/16/06, jan gestre <m0n0wall dot list at gmail dot com> wrote:
> >
> > i tried using its public ip and via its fqdn, i can't see the page, does
> it
> > mean that my configuration is wrong? thanks
> >

> No.  You can't get to either of those from the inside.  See
> http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-lannat.html
>
> If you can get to them from another location on the Internet, then
> things are working as they should and you need split DNS as described
> in the FAQ.
>
> -Chris
>
> i put these overrides on the dns forwarder page:

host               domain                     ip
mail               example.org               192.168.2.2
web               example.org               192.168.2.3
web2             example.org               192.168.2.4

http://mail.example.org can now be view from any machines in my LAN.

problems that occured:

http://web.example.org can only be view from the client where i'm running
the m0n0wall's GUI,  tried with other machines on the LAN, i can't view the
page.

http://web1.example.org can't be browsed.

these two websites are running on the same machine whose computer name is
web on IIS 6.0 platform.

what's wrong with the overrides?