[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  WakeOnLan via NAT
 Date:  Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:32:13 +0100
Hello everybody

I am currently trying to enable WakeOnLan from the Internet via NAT. I
have set up a rule for inbound NAT for UDP port 9 to the internal adress
192.168.0.255 (192.168.0.0/24 is my private network). I have then edited
the corresponding firewall rule to destination * and flagged is at "log
rule handling".
Sometimes, but not always, the firewall log do show up the handling of
the rule as it being passed. The computer the WOL-paket is meant for
does not fire up as it should. The WOL configuration of that computer is
correct, I can wake it up via the m0n0wall internal WOL feature.

I do not want to open the m0n0wall webinterface to the internet, so I
want to realize that via NAT.

1) How can I setup an inbound NAT for that specific task?
2) Does m0n0wall support forwarding UDP pakets via broadcast? If yes, is
192.168.0.255 the right thing to type into the NAT IP field?

Greetings
Carsten Holbach