[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "jan gestre" <m0n0wall dot list at gmail dot com>
 To:  "MonoWall-General List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: mailserver in monowall's dmz connection timeout
 Date:  Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:52:39 +0800
On 3/20/06, jan gestre <m0n0wall dot list at gmail dot com> wrote:

> recently installed monowall and configured the dmz, put the mailserver and
> two webservers on it, i also made an override in the dns forwarder so that
> LAN users will be able to login to the mailserver and visit the website,
> however i failed to test if users will still be able to login to mailserver
> via its squirrelmail interface or via the websites login page, and to my
> surprise users can't login to the mailserver, they always get a connection
> timeout error, mail taking too long error on the browser. i advised them to
> use the internal ip of the mailserver for the time being and whoola, they
> can log in via the internal ip.
> why is this? what configuration do i have to edit so that this error will
> not occur again.
>
> TIA

 please disregard this mail, i've alredy resolve the issue, the user
complainer just talked to me over the phone so it wasn't really clear what's
wrong, its not my mailserver nor the monowall, rather it's the website's
webmaster's fault, the old link he created doesn't match with the real fqdn
of the mailserver.