[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "RP Smith" <rpsmith at hotmail dot com>
 To:  Richard dot Parvass at aaland dot co dot uk, chris at x dash bb dot org, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] WRAP Cases/PSU Short
 Date:  Mon, 20 Mar 2006 08:59:38 -0600
I just checked my month old wrap board and case and the power connector
center pin is not connected to the case. The outer sleeve is.  Sounds like
you need to return yours for one the is wired correctly.

Roy...
-----------------------

I've had this problem and reported it to PCEngines, which was the first
they'd heard of it. If the power connector isn't in correctly, it can
short on the case -the central pin of the power connector appears to be
connected to the case, so if the outer hits it, as is easily possible
when putting the connector in, it shorts; nice sparks!

Once connected fully home, it does not touch the case under any amount
of movement, but the spark as it's put in by a ham-fisted techie (ie.
Me), is very disconcerting.

Enlarging the hole and adding a grommet sounds like a good idea.

Richard