[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hardware Requirements/Suggestions
 Date:  Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:38:57 -0500
On 3/21/06, Sea <seaeric at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I am thinking of using Monowall as a replacement for our current Watchguard
> Firebox.
>
> We have 70 users and host our own own email server.  We use webmail
> extensively.
>
> What hardware would people recommend for using Monowall on a network of our
> size?

how much Internet bandwidth?  Only planning for a two interface setup
(LAN and WAN)?

> I've been looking at the hardware supplied by Logic Supply.  What type of
> network environments have others put monowall to use with?

Unless you have > 30 Mb of Internet bandwidth, or will need several
interfaces, I'd stick with a WRAP.  Cheaper, and equally well suited
to the job.

Personally, I buy:
http://www.netgate.com/product_info.php?cPath=60&products_id=209

There are bigger environments than 70 users running on WRAP hardware
with m0n0wall out there.

-Chris