[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ryan Wagoner" <Ryan at wgnrs dot dynu dot com>
 To:  "Sea" <seaeric at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Hardware Requirements/Suggestions
 Date:  Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:23:55 -0500
If you just want to share your internet, an older computer, wrap board, Nokia IP330 box, etc will
work fine. I can get 22mb through a 167mhz 64mb ram nokia ip330 box. I'm sharing DSL connection on
10 machines with no issues. I see cpu utilization around 2-3 percent with normal web browsing.
Routing lan to lan traffic it will max out like I said at 22mb with 90 percent cpu utilization. It
just depends on the bandwidth you need.