[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP Client behind m0n0 = Remote Desktop MTU/Fragmentation Problem
 Date:  Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:56:22 -0500
On 3/21/06, Jeff Scott <scott at advbiol dot com> wrote:

> I did try lowering the MTU on the WAN interface to 1000.  That did not do anything.  But, I'm not
sure if I needed to reboot everything for that to really take effect.  Or do I need to try something
like 500.  I also did not try playing with the MTU on my computer either.

you shouldn't have to go any lower than 1000, for testing purposes.
Try lowering the MTU on your computer first to see if that makes any
difference, and secondly, try lowering the MTU on the server/machine
you're connecting to via RDP.

-Chris