[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Cecil Strange" <cecil underscore strange at msn dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  "'Johannes Blaas'" <j dot blaas at iccr dash international dot org>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] FTP Server Problem
 Date:  Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:20:59 -0800
I am no expert but I read my server instructions and this
works for me:

If your FTP server has a public IP it can use port mode.
For port mode you need to open port 20 on the WAN interface
that the server uses.

If your FTP server has a private IP you need to use PASV
mode.  For PASV mode you need to open a range of ports above
1023 on the WAN interface that the server uses.  Your FTP
server software should allow you specify a discrete range of
ports so all ports above 1023 do not need to be open.

I have FTP servers in both situations so I have tested both
these routing methods.