[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=E9r=E9mie?= <j dot tarot at tecsas dot fr>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Network Plan Recommandation (SOS ! )
 Date:  Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:15:28 +0100
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a dual site network but facing difficulties with a
cross site SDSL MPLS VPN :'(
I've tried so many m0n0wall setup combinations that I cannot remember
wich I did and wich I didn't...
So at this stage, I've tried to make a clear and nice Network Map and
ask for advices and recommandations.
You can find the plan here:

http://tecsas.dyndns.org/netdiag.png

The two firewalls are 5 NIC net4801 m0n0 boxes, ADSL lines are plugged
on WAN interface. I've renamed optional interface with the name of the
subnets they're linked to.
Like I said before, I've tried every combination I could imagine of SDSL
interface IP address / static route(s)... to no luck.
Don't ask me why SDSL modems have the addresses they have...
Anyway, the "only" thing I'd like is to have my MPLS link behave like a
crossed cable between the two sites... 800Km away from each other :) I

As I have _no_ confidence _at_all_ in "technical" contacts I can talk to
at the provider's, I hope someone here will give me real advices so I
can adequatly fill the tech change form with:
- good IP addresses for the SDSL modems and m0n0 interfaces
- good routes to setup both on modems and m0n0 boxes

The rope is already around my neck (;) )... any help will be greatly
appreciated !

Bests