[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=E9r=E9mie?= <j dot tarot at tecsas dot fr>
 To:  Christoph Hanle <christoph dot hanle at leinpfad dot de>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Network Plan Recommandation (SOS ! )
 Date:  Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:39:17 +0100
Hi,

Man, I have not enough (english !) words to tell tell my gratefulness...
  may be _thank_you_so_much_ sum up them all. My Free Software life has
begun 5 years ago and you've been one of the most helpful soul arround.
BIG UP ! :')

Ok me... let's tame the link now !
Will keep yall on touch...

Very very bests

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to setup a dual site network but facing difficulties with a
>> cross site SDSL MPLS VPN :'(
>> I've tried so many m0n0wall setup combinations that I cannot remember
>> wich I did and wich I didn't...
>> So at this stage, I've tried to make a clear and nice Network Map and
>> ask for advices and recommandations.
>> You can find the plan here:
>>
>> http://tecsas.dyndns.org/netdiag.png
>>
>> The two firewalls are 5 NIC net4801 m0n0 boxes, ADSL lines are plugged
>> on WAN interface. I've renamed optional interface with the name of the
>> subnets they're linked to.
>> Like I said before, I've tried every combination I could imagine of
>> SDSL interface IP address / static route(s)... to no luck.
>> Don't ask me why SDSL modems have the addresses they have...
>> Anyway, the "only" thing I'd like is to have my MPLS link behave like
>> a crossed cable between the two sites... 800Km away from each other :)

>> link !
>>
>> As I have _no_ confidence _at_all_ in "technical" contacts I can talk
>> to at the provider's, I hope someone here will give me real advices so
>> I can adequatly fill the tech change form with:
>> - good IP addresses for the SDSL modems and m0n0 interfaces
>> - good routes to setup both on modems and m0n0 boxes
> Hi, I don't see your problem:

My Networking knowledge I'm afraid... but you've raised my motivation to
improve it like no one did before ;)