[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Westall 327 W Bridge mode
 Date:  Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:04:42 -0500
I want to setup a m0n0-to-m0n0 VPN tunnel between two offices.
Both offices will have Verizon aDsl
Both offices will have static IP's
Both office will have a soekris 4801-50, m0n0wall ver 1.21

One of the office was given a Westell 327 W (A90-327W15-06) combo Dsl
modem/router.
I don't yet know what the other office is going to use for Dsl modem.

I am thinking I should be able to disable the router functionality, so
to speak, by putting the device into bridge mode. I basically want to
use what I have strictly for Dsl modem and rely on the m0n0wall as the
primary firewall and end point for VPN tunnel.

Has any used this Dsl modem before and if so, can you give me some direction.

Don