[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] arplookup error
 Date:  Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:18:15 -0500
On 3/25/06, Peter <peter at iwebsl dot com> wrote:
> Agreed, so the best option is to forget about the "not on local network" error and leave the
router on its own subnet?

Unless I'm missing something, your network looks like:

Internet -- Cisco -- m0n0wall -- LAN

correct?

but you have both sides of the m0n0wall, as shown above, on the same
broadcast domain.  You should really plug only m0n0wall into your LAN,
and connect the Cisco and m0n0wall with a crossover cable on the WAN
side.

-Chris