[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ryan Wagoner" <Ryan at wgnrs dot dynu dot com>
 To:  "Tarun Kundhi" <tkundhi at inebraska dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] gigabit hardware sizing and intel 82573 driver support
 Date:  Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:31:40 -0500
I doubt monowall uses the advanced features of the pentium chip. On
tigerdirect.com until the 31st you can get a 3.2GHz Celeron D chip for
109 minus a 50 dollar mail in rebate so its only 59.99. This would give
you a faster machine if its needed. Again not sure on freebsd, but I
would think if it doesn't support pentium features a faster celeron d
chip would be better and less than half the cost.

Ryan