[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] arplookup error
 Date:  Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:25:02 -0500
On 3/25/06, Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be> wrote:
> It can, and there is a specific feature for it on cisco called ip unnumbered

Does that work for cable modems/routers though?  Not sure, I've never
used a Cisco cable router.

if you have a public IP to spare, I'd give the Cisco one of the public
IP's (for management purposes) and put an ACL on it to control access
to the management interface.  Definitely don't put the same IP on it
as is on m0n0wall.  If you can't assign a public IP to the Cisco, I'd
just leave it on 192.168.0.1 and ignore the messages.

-Chris