[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  yance kowara <yance at exemail dot com dot au>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall gaming router - solved
 Date:  Sun, 26 Mar 2006 22:21:25 +1100
Hi all,

Thanks for the pointers... the m0n0wall gaming router was up and running
a few minutes after I posted this question.

I had to untick  the "disable private address" option so that it would
get the DHCP assigned IP address from the ADSL router.

I managed to set it up properly after I realized that the box I
installed m0n0wall on was diskless - no floppy drive ... what an idiot...

Why is it better to replace the ADSL router with m0n0wall? I kinda guess
it's less hop and less things to manage, but please tell me more.

I have never configured an ADSL router as a bridge... I'll fiddle with it.