[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Taylor <PaulTaylor at winn dash dixie dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Running Monowall on a Dell server w/ RAID
 Date:  Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:33:13 -0500
I'm attempting to install Monowall on a Dell 2500 server with a Perc RAID
controller (it is what we have available).  It uses the ServerWorks chipset,
if that matters.  I booted with Ubuntu and performed the gunzip/dd command
(per the documentation) to write the OS to the sda device.  Upon rebooting,
it boots FreeBSD successfully all the way to the message "Mounting root from
ufs:/dev/md0c", where it gets a fatal error saying that it can not find a
configuration file.

Any ideas how to get Monowall to work successfully in this environment?
Does anyone else use a SCSI system?

I'm using 1.21r92 (generic-pc).

Thanks,
Paul