[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Running Monowall on a Dell server w/ RAID
 Date:  Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:51:54 -0500
On 3/27/06, Craig FALCONER <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz> wrote:
> Many of these server-quality boards do not allow booting from IDE...  I'd
> not be surprised if the dell is one of those.

I've never tried booting a server from IDE, but it did make me think
of another option.  You can install to and boot from a USB jump
drive/pen drive/flash drive/whatever you want to call them.

But that requires BIOS USB boot support, which IIRC isn't available in
the PowerEdge 25xx's.  Another option, but probably not one that'll
work.  :)

-Chris