[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jan Gundtofte-Bruun" <jan at g dash b dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Recommended wireless hw for a pc-based monowall?
 Date:  Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:36:41 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,
I'm looking for advice on what wireless adapter to buy for use with monowall.

I know that m0n0.ch lists compatible devices, but I hope that you folks can
supply "value-added" information with experiences of real-world usage.

This is for my home network; I would like either PCI or USB (preferably PCI)
and am paranoid enough to want WPA (though my knowlegde on the topic is quite
limited). Currently I run monowall on an Epia-based pc, and my clients are
both Windows and FreeBSD computers (as well as a Squeezebox).

At some point I may replace the monowall pc with a Soekris box. (Another
question: can I use a PCI wireless adapter in a Soekris, or is that PCI slot
solely for their own multi-port boards? That's a question for a different
forum, I know.)

:o) Jan Gundtofte-Bruun
-- 010\001\111 --