[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Taylor <PaulTaylor at winn dash dixie dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Running Monowall on a Dell server w/ RAID
 Date:  Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:33:23 -0500
Thanks to everyone who has replied...  We are trying to avoid compact flash
and cdrom/disk... (We expect this to be a firewall with constant changes to
the config as it's for a development environment.)

So far, we've compiled a new image with the aac driver in the kernel.  It
seems to see the Raid array (aacd0), but fails to find the config.xml file.
It's failing near the beginning of the config.inc file...

Anyone have any more insight on how I can make this work (using RAID)?  I'm
not familiar with FreeBSD in general, having really only used it in Monowall
and on my Monowall development system.

In looking at the config.inc file, for each device it is attempting to mount
/dev/{device}a... like, /dev/hda, etc.  Is there an aacd0a, or is it a
different device name?

Thanks,
Paul