[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ryan Wagoner" <Ryan at wgnrs dot dynu dot com>
 To:  "Paul Taylor" <PaulTaylor at winn dash dixie dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Running Monowall on a Dell server w/ RAID
 Date:  Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:40:58 -0500
I think you are trying to make this too complicated. Get yourself a
256mb compact flash card. Monowall is under 10mbs. Complact flash cards
keep track of the writes and the disk space decreases over time. This
would take years to break if you wrote the config file each day. For
reliability you can't beat compact flash. RAID is pointless for an image
under 10mb.