[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Phillips <g7ltt at g7ltt dot com>
 To:  Danny Puckett <dpuckett at comresource dot com>
 Cc:  Junior Gillespie <junior dot gillespie at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall and coax ethernet
 Date:  Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:23:50 -0500
Hold on a minute,

Satellite TV coax is 75 ohm. You need 50 ohm cable for 10base2. If you
really must use coax then a roll of RG58 is readily available from most
ham radio stores for not much. They may even have the 50 ohm BNC's to go
with it. You'll also need terminators and some sort of hub affair to
make multiple runs.

In this day its probably more expensive to use coax. When cat5E raw
cable is only $60 for a 1000 feet box why not just use CAT5?

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com