[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Phillips <g7ltt at g7ltt dot com>
 To:  Junior Gillespie <junior dot gillespie at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall and coax ethernet
 Date:  Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:33:55 -0500
Well your still SOL then as you cannot run TV and data over this coax.

Why can't you drop a run of CAT5 to each unit? It's not exactly
difficult to install. You can get all the bits at Home Depot. I believe
they stock the Leviton brand which is pretty respectable.

How are you planning to service all the teneants PC's? Are they going to
be responsible for delivering your feed to their PC's? What about
security? How are the tennants goning to stay clear of each other? Will
they be expected to put their own firewall on the end of your link?

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com