[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Junior Gillespie" <junior dot gillespie at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall and coax ethernet
 Date:  Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:53:42 -0600
Mark,

Here's the complete situation, all the suites are individually wired with
CAT5. The owner had hoped that dsl would be available to his tennants
shortly after the completion of the building, but unfortunately the MTU is
too far from any CO or RT. The owner had the MTU wired with coax and a
single Directv Dish. I have successfully tested the Corinex AV200 CableLAN
Adapters on the coax network, with great results, but the cost of each
Adapter is not justified. The owner has strict policy of no penatration in
the building due to local fire codes and potential damages that he says he
has seen in other MTUs.

I was hoping someone in the lists had used a similar product, and may have a
recommendation. For now, it looks like its going to be one of the more
costly solutions.

Junior

--
Thanks,