[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS problem on 1.21
 Date:  Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:48:23 -0500
On 3/29/06, Karsten Thomsen <KT at tinesvej dot dk> wrote:

> I have just setup a new m0n0wall and all is working except the DNS forward,
> I have a m0n0wall 1.11 with the same setup
>
> And that one works, but I cant get the new one to work.
>
> Is there any new thing that I need to setup ?

Enable the DNS forwarder, and make sure you're either getting DNS
servers from your ISP via DHCP or you entered them on the general
page.

Try using Diagnostics -> Ping to ping a hostname, like google.com.  If
that doesn't resolve, then whatever DNS servers (if any) m0n0wall is
using aren't working properly.

-Chris