[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ben Z <b underscore zarboni at rogers dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RTS/CTS in hostap mode?
 Date:  Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:02:48 -0500
Hi all;

I've been trying to modify my m0n0wall to add RTS/CTS handshaking. I've
been successful in implementing it in a 'client' using "wicontrol -i wiX
-r xxxx".

I was wondering however, what needs to be done to a m0n0wall box in
hostap mode so that it will send CTSs ? Is there a command I can pass to
hostap? Or perhaps it needs to be recompiled with a certain option?

I'm under the impression that an access point should normally be able to
respond to RTS requests from its clients. I can use the same method as I
do for the clients, but that seems 'wrong' to me, I didn't think you had
to set the threshold on the AP.

Any help would be appreciated! If anyone's interested later, I may
integrate this into the GUI, and can provide it.

Cheers,

Ben Z