[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Simoneau" <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] weird problem
 Date:  Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:49:07 -0500
Henrik,

Sorry I sent that last reply directly to you. I wish this mailing list set the reply address as the
mailing list address.

Also I've noticed that after you remove the problematic PC or network connection, it takes a few
minutes for the m0n0wall to clear itself up and return back to normal. I assume this may be from
having to process through the existing memory buffer, but that is speculation.

Although we've had some crazy ideas and theories about what has caused these errors on various
sites, it has always come down to one PC on the network causing problems. Antivirus going haywire,
some spyware sending out SPAM, we had a system yesterday that the APC UPS software was going nuts
and causing it to grind the network card to a halt.

128MB should be fine. You can try throwing together a generic-pc box with a bunch of memory and a
faster processor to see if it is a hardware problem, it only takes a few moments.

Regards,
Josh Simoneau
Wolf Wrestler

Josh Simoneau