[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Monowall Email List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS problem on 1.21
 Date:  Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:16:41 -0500
On 3/30/06, Karsten Thomsen <KT at tinesvej dot dk> wrote:

> If I use the ping tool on the m0n0wall it is working, but I can't get the
> clients to work,
> they all get the m0n0wall LAN IP as default gateway and as DNS server.
> The DNA forwarder is Enable, what can then be the problem ?

I'd try disabling and re-enabling the DNS forwarder (which will
restart it, which I've never seen be necessary, but it can't hurt),
then checking the client IP configuration again.  Try using nslookup
on the clients to make sure they're using the right DNS server.

Also check the System and Firewall logs for anything pertinent.

-Chris