[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Need help setting up Freeradius
 Date:  Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:40:34 +0200
hi,

I'm kind of new to monowall. I succesfully installed it on a PC system and
it works great.
But what i really want to do is use the captive portal with authentication
and accounting through a radius server.
I searched the mailing lists and other internet resources, found many
fragments, most of them chillispot based,
but not a detailled howto.
Can someone please help me out setting up and configuring this radius
server?

I've been trying today, started with a ubuntu server install.
installed (with apt-get) freeradius, freeradius-mysql, mysql server,
apache2, php4,...
I've set the radius secret and the ip of the monowall in the conf files.
I tried installing phpmyprepaid, but got an error when the included script
tries to create the tables.

root@radius:/var/www/phpMyPrepaid# mysql -u root -p < ./db_mysql.sql
ERROR 1067 (42000) at line 56: Invalid default value for 'CrDate'

Also i don't really know how to add users, do bandwith accounting (MB's
transfered up/down per user),set user limits,...
can someone please point me in the right direction?

Best regards,
Yves