[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple WAN IP's <--> NAT <--> Multiple LANs - Help!!!
 Date:  Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:18:42 -0500
On 3/31/06, JP Aubineau <jp at netechnica dot com> wrote:

> Onto the hard part (or at least what I cant figure out!):
>
> I have a block of public IP's (/29 subnet) of which I would like to assign
> individual IP's to specific VLAN's (assuming via NAT); These IP's would
> essentially be the public gateways for each VLAN (there are several hosts
> in each LAN network that I plan to port forward services to, so a 1:1 host
> NAT wouldnt work AFAIK). Some of the VLAN's would share a public IP [is
> this possible?], as I am limited to only a /29 block of IP's.

this is all possible.

I'll assume that everything works fine now, but it is all getting
NAT'ed to the WAN interface's IP address.  That a safe assumption?  If
not, there are other issues to iron out before attempting this
outbound NAT configuration.

First, go to the NAT screen, and the Outbound tab.  Check the enable
advanced outbound NAT box and hit Save.  At this point your Internet
connection will stop functioning because you won't have NAT at all
anymore.  You need to then hit the + on that page, and add a NAT rule
for each subnet.  I'll give you a couple examples of the rules you
need, and you can figure out what the rest of them will be from that.

> LAN_0, DMZ = xxx.xxx.xxx.34

Outbound NAT screen:
interface: WAN
source: 192.168.8.0/24
destination:  any
target: xxx.xxx.xxx.34

> LAN_1: = xxx.xxx.xxx.35

Outbound NAT screen:
interface: WAN
source: 192.168.10.0/24
destination:  any
target: xxx.xxx.xxx.35

you get the idea.  set up all those rules and everything should work
properly.  you can go to www.whatismyip.com from a machine on each
VLAN to verify your configuration.

-Chris