[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ervin Malicdem" <schadow1 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Creating SSL Certificate for Captive Portal
 Date:  Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:12:18 +0800
Hello! I am a perpetual newbie in networking who needs to enable ssl for
logging in to captive portal in m0n0wall.

I used StartCom.org for creating free ssl certificates. I used for apache
server certificate creation.

I used CN as secure.mydomain.com and placed it appropriately at HTTPS server
name.
I pasted the generated Private Key and certificate at appropriate fields at
Captive Portal.

My domain is under dynamic dns through zoneedit so I added the
secure.mydomain.com to it. While placing secure.mydomain.com at m0n0wall's
DNS Forwarder to forward secure.mydomain.com to the IP address of m0n0wall
captive portal page (192.100.0.1)

When I visit a website under the captive portal, it the browser tries to
visit http://secure.mydomain.com:8001..... but does not go to the captive
portal authentication page.

Please tell if I am actually doing the right things. If not, how can I go
about it? Thank you very much for any help you guys can extend.

Ervin M.