[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monitor and Manage multiple M0n0's
 Date:  Mon, 3 Apr 2006 20:05:50 -0500
From: "Chris Flugstad" <chris at cascadelink dot com>

>I know people have asked before and I looked through my 7624 email messages
>saved from the m0n0wall mailing list and didnt find any thing that was
>helping.

> I have 10 m0n0walls out in the field and now the settings in them are
> getting very sophisticated.  One being multiple users and other things.
> If i wanted to make users now on all my boxes i'd have to log in and set
> them up all manually , or load a new xml config file.  Part of the problem
> is, they are all setup different, so i'd have to configure multiple xml
> files and it would be cumbersome.  what im looking for is a management
> tool that would allow me to make a change, such as the new users to all
> m0n0walls, and it would implement that on each box, even though all the
> boxes are setup different.

I was one, and I am pushing 30 boxes out there now.  And if you think users
is bad, I just had version control bite me in the backside!  Anyway, after
looking a long time, there is nothing at all out there.  I was thinking of
building some scripting stuff using the "make something not totally unlike a
shell" in m0n0wall, and bash for windows.  That is as far as I have gone.
:-)  Time to get a small subgroup of interested people together and work on
this?

                        Lee