[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monitor and Manage multiple M0n0's
 Date:  Tue, 4 Apr 2006 08:27:42 +0200
Wouldn't that be more easy to implement if the next version of m0n0wall would have
separate firewall and management processes. If I remember correctly this was
something that was discussed when talking about m0n0wall 3.

Something like a soap-xml access to the config process would be helpful when
managing large numbers of firewalls from a central point. You could even schedule
firmware upgrades and copy users (not captive portal but the role manager) from
one template file on such a management machine.

The posibilities are endless. However, when you try to create such management
software now, posting variables to certain php pages, changing the structure even
a little bit would render such an application useless.

/2cents

Regards,

Jeroen Visser

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:55:19 -0700, Chris Flugstad wrote