[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  German dot Martin at RSES dot rohde dash schwarz dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monitor and Manage multiple M0n0's
 Date:  Tue, 4 Apr 2006 09:40:37 +0200
In that way it would be possible to build a FWbuilder module to manage
m0n0wall appliances from this software. M0n0wall user interface is ok when
you have no more that 4 or 5 firewalls with static rules, but it is not
enough when there are many firewalls with rules that can change
frequently. In that case you need some centralized management.

What do you think about this?

Best regards,

"Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
04/04/2006 08:27

m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
cc

Subject
Re: [m0n0wall] Monitor and Manage multiple M0n0's

Wouldn't that be more easy to implement if the next version of m0n0wall
would have
separate firewall and management processes. If I remember correctly this
was
something that was discussed when talking about m0n0wall 3.

Something like a soap-xml access to the config process would be helpful
when
managing large numbers of firewalls from a central point. You could even
schedule
firmware upgrades and copy users (not captive portal but the role manager)
from
one template file on such a management machine.

The posibilities are endless. However, when you try to create such
management
software now, posting variables to certain php pages, changing the
structure even
a little bit would render such an application useless.

/2cents

Regards,

Jeroen Visser

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:55:19 -0700, Chris Flugstad wrote