[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Pierre-Yves Maunier <pierre dash yves at maunier dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Accessing LAN from other subnets
 Date:  Wed, 05 Apr 2006 09:35:07 +0200
Brad Burleson wrote:
> All-
>
> I'm embarassed I can't make this work, it seems so simple.  And I didn't
> find the solution searching the list, and I assume I'm just missing
> something so obvious...
>
> I've got 1.22 setup on a 4801 (w/ 1621 lan) with the following interfaces:
>
> WAN:  (DHCP via cable modem)
> LAN:    (192.168.1.x/24)
> WiFi:    (192.168.2.x/24)
> DMZ:    (192.168.3.x/24)
>
> The only device plugged into the 'WiFi' subnet is a Linksys wireless router,
> and I've plugged directly into the switch and bypassed the LAN connector
> (after I disabled DHCP and set it's address to 192.168.1.150).

So, the wireless router has an IP address in the 'LAN' subnet ? And it's
connected to the Wifi interface ?
If I've understood, there is a wireless link between your 4801 and the
linksys box and a wire connection the the lan switch ?
I don't understand why your Linksys has an ip address in the lan subnet
if it should be connected the the wifi interface of your 4801.
> The problem is I want to be able to ssh into a box on the LAN from either
> the 'WiFi' or 'DMZ' subnets.  In addition, I need NetBIOS services available
> to 'WiFi' users.  So, I'm starting simply trying to ssh from 'WiFi' to a
> 'LAN' server and I can't connect.
>
> My rules look like this:
>
> [...]
At a first view, it seems to be good
> When I try to ssh into the LAN from WiFi, I see an entry in the firewall
> state table for port 22, but the connection still fails.
>
> So, any suggestions as to what I need to do?  The box is pretty much stock,
> no static routes, and is the only firewall/router on the network.

Try to allow icmp from any to any on all interfaces and try to ping just
to verify your problem is not a firewall rule problem.
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Brad.

Pierre-Yves